In What Areas Could You Use Support?
Accessing Government Programs
Do you have questions about what government programs you are eligible for? Schedule a one-on-one session with our trained volunteers who will guide you through the application process.
Our volunteers have received training with resources from Service Canada, and are able to walk you through the EI or Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) forms.
Some of the services that we can assist with:
- Applying for federal and provincial emergency support, such as CERB.
- Setting up your My CRA/My Service Canada Account
Ready to book your one-on-one?
Book My One-on-one
One-on-One Career Support
Are you looking for work and want support during this process?
Some of the questions that have arisen during this time are:
- How do I job search during the pandemic?
- How do I do an informational interview?
- How do I prepare for a virtual interview and what does it look like?
- How do I pivot and search for a job that isn’t necessarily in my comfort zone?
- How do I develop a new resume for a role I don’t have experience in?
- Should I still negotiate for a higher salary during COVID?
Our Dress for Success Volunteer Career Specialists are here to help. They are professionals and specialists who can help you address and eliminate obstacles in the search for employment. Clients can use their appointments to discuss their resume, cover letters, interview preparation, general career guidance, how to revamp a LinkedIn profile, or any other career related questions. Each appointment lasts one hour. Clients can register for as many as needed.
BOOK MY CAREER SPECIALIST ONE-ON-ONE
Not sure what type of help you need or if you qualify?
Fill out this survey and a Career Specialist will be in touch to help you.
Take The Survey
We offer personal growth and career development workshops which will be provided online. Sign up to be informed as workshops become available.
Sign up for our first workshop on Saturday, May 30th at 1 PM called “Money Stress and 3 Ways to Handle it Like a Pro “
Sign up here
One-on-One Peer Support
Many people are feeling isolated and lonely during this challenging time.
Do any of the statements below feel familiar?
- I am feeling lonely and want to do a “virtual coffee chat.”
- I am facing some barriers and am not sure where to turn for help.
- I am a stay-at-home parent and I want to chat with another adult.
- I’m an extrovert and miss meeting new people.
- English isn’t my first language and I want to make a new friend online who speaks my language.
If you relate to any of these statements, book your one-on-one call now with one of our volunteers. They are excited to connect with you.
Book my call
We do not offer mental health or crisis/advocacy services. If you are in crisis and need immediate help, here are some numbers you can call:
- 911 if you are in immediate danger
- The Vancouver Coastal Regional Distress Line: 604-872-3311
- The Fraser Health Crisis Line (for residents of the Greater Vancouver area): 604-951-8855 or 877-820-7444
- Crisis Centre (for all residents of BC): 1-800-784-2433
- The Seniors Distress Line: 604-872-1234
- Children’s Help Crisis Line: 1-800-668-6868
Small Business Support
Are you a small business? Check out the resources from The Forum for Women Entrepreneurs (FWE) to assist you in applying for aid:
I WANT SMALL BUSINESS SUPPORT
Not sure what service you need or is this information overwhelming?
Click here to fill out a survey to help determine what we can support you with:
WHAT CAN YOU HELP ME WITH?
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question that isn’t answered above? Check out some of our commonly asked questions below.
- You can help by joining our Helping Women Now campaign as a peer-to-peer support volunteer through one-on-one appointments.
- There are training sessions on Tuesdays at 11 am & 7 pm and Saturdays 11 am & 3 pm. To sign up for volunteer sessions, please email email@example.com (registration is required).
- Dress for Success Vancouver is a charity that serves women.
- If you are a woman or someone who identifies as a woman, who is looking for support through our services, you can sign up for a variety of different appointments:
- Accessing Government Services
- One-on-One Career Support
- One-on-One Peer Support
- Online Workshops
- You do not need to be a current or past client of DFS Vancouver. These programs are open to all women and those who identify as women.
These meetings are a support option for you to discuss whatever you would like. Whether you need help accessing community resources or just someone to talk to during this time, our volunteers are here to listen.
Please note, our volunteers are not trained counsellors and cannot offer legal advice. Should you need access to those services, our volunteers are able to provide information about resources that are currently available.
- DFS Vancouver will only use your information to better respond to your personal needs. We are fully compliant with government regulations and privacy legislation on the retention and use of personal information.
- DFS Vancouver does not share information for the purposes of marketing. Staff or designated volunteers may reach out to clients after their appointments to check-in or do follow up as needed
Check out our additional FAQs
DOWNLOAD FAQ PDF
Donate to support a woman in your community