In What Ways Can You Support?
Women in your community need your support right now
Local women are bearing the brunt of this ‘she-cession’.
2.8 million women without the work they need.
These numbers speak to thousands of individual and family stories of hardship, struggle and real pain.
That’s why Dress for Success Vancouver has launched Helping Women Now.
And we need your help.
Here are some ways you can support women now:
- Donate to Helping Women Now
- Volunteer your time and skills
- Facilitate a workshop
- Professional Clothing Donation
Donate to support women through Helping Women Now
Local women urgently need to get help now to enable them to deal with financial hardships that are made so much worse by this pandemic.
We are helping women now…
By helping them access support programs and find employment…
By referring them to critical services like food banks and shelters…
By being a friendly and trusted voice during a time of stress and turmoil.
Please donate and enable this crucial work to continue.
Every donation counts – please consider giving whatever amount you can.
- $30 allowed DFS Vancuver to get Jenny a smart phone with a prepaid SIM card so she could participate in a remote workshop on tips for finding employment.
- $50 allowed Amandeep to connect with Penny at DFS Vancouver for kind and patient help to apply for government and other support. Penny walked her through the process from start to finish.
- $100 pays for a week of the virtual platform that enables up to 225 clients, just like Amandeep and Jenny, to safely access DFS Vancouver employment and peer-support services.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Dress for Success Vancouver has worked with our vendors, staff and volunteers to reduce our operating costs by 52% while still providing our signature program to local clients.
- Just $275 helps keep our Career Centre open so that women in our community who are experiencing unemployment can use this time to build skills such as financial literacy, technical language competency, and interview readiness – all while keeping our Professional Women’s Group job retention program running to provide both mentorship and connection for clients who have successfully re-entered the workforce.
Volunteer your time and skills
Do you want to support local women during this critical time?
We have lots of opportunities for you to give your time and skills.
If you can offer only an hour or more of your time each week to help women in need, we will provide you with the training, tools and support necessary to virtually connect with our clients.
We’re especially interested in recruiting volunteers who can speak with clients in languages other than English, or who have past experience in human resources or working with women in need.
If you are interested in volunteering with Dress for Success Vancouver, complete the form below and a member from our team will reach out to you with more information!
I Want to Volunteer
Do you or your company have experience doing virtual workshops? Potential topics can include:
- Financial literacy
- Creative journaling
- Vision boarding
- Self-esteem building
- Improving your LinkedIn profile
- Perfecting your cover letter
- Tips on working from home
- How to juggle being a full-time parent and employee
- And more!
If you have any questions or interest, email our programs team at email@example.com
Professional Clothing Donation
What would you wear to a job interview? That is exactly the type of clothing we are looking for to distribute to our clients. Your fabulous suits and other professional apparel could furnish another woman with the confidence to enter or return to the workplace, make a great first impression and land a job that could change her life.
Dress for Success Vancouver accepts clothing donations at 675 West Hastings St. from 9:30-4:00 pm on Tuesdays. Please buzz #0010 when you arrive for your appointment.
Book your appointment here:
Donate to Support a Woman in Your Community